The DNA of Dunamis
Creating a context for learning about, encountering and co-operating with the Holy Spirit
Dunamis is an intensive equipping event which normally takes place over 5 days. An extensive Manual is provided for every event, with expanded outlines of the teaching sessions - a useful take-home resource for equipping others in local congregations.
Gifts, grace and space
Dunamis embraces a full expression of the spiritual gifts for advancing the Kingdom of God. Leadership teams operate on the basis of gifting, helping all participants discover, receive and grow in using whatever gifts the Spirit graciously gives.
The intensive teaching is complemented by opportunities for prayer ministry, and for personal prayer and reflection, giving people space to encounter God personally.
Dunamis leadership teams hold themselves accountable to the participants at every event. There is honesty and vulnerability about personal 'success' and 'failures', and a genuine desire that no-one be guilty of 'manipulation'.
Intentional 'debriefing' is a distinctive feature of all Dunamis events, and these sessions help create mature discernment towards spiritual activity, rather than naive credulity or scepticism.
There is a certain style or approach to doing ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit that is embodied in the Dunamis Project. This 'style' comes from our placement in a particular stream of the Christian Faith and the Move of the Holy Spirit. The key elements which create the ethos of Dunamis are:
- Systematic exposition of what the Bible as the Word of God teaches.
- It is led by the Holy Spirit, with whom we seek to cooperate in obedience and faith.
- It accepts the present-day operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as expressions of the ministry of Jesus Christ and as the means by which we equipped to witness to Jesus and to do His work.
- It requires a teaching/ministry /leadership team to be submitted to a mutual process of discernment and accountability.
- It values human reason and rationality, as well as God speaking today through prophecy and other revelatory gifts - all subordinated to God’s final revelation in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible.
- It intentionally moves from theory to practice - from teaching into actual ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- It favours nurturing the exercise of the spiritual gifts through the body of Jesus Christ rather than dependence on individual anointed leaders who 'do' the ministry.